Start your Application
English Requirements Policy
If you have attended a foreign institution (college or university) where English is not one of the languages of studies then one of the following English proficiency evidence will be required:
- TOEFL minimum scores of 530 (PBT, Paper Based Test) or 71 (IBT Internet Based Test). IUL’s Institution Code is 7719. Or, 6.5 on the International English Language Test (IELTS) or 50 on the PTE Academic Score Report (DBA applicants: a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), or 80 on the Internet Based Test (IBT), a 6.5 on the International English Language Test (IELTS), or 58 on the PTE Academic Score Report),
- A minimum grade of Level 3 on the ACT COMPASS’s English as a Second Language Placement Test,
- A transcript indicating completion of at least 30 semester hours of credit with an average grade of “B” or higher at an appropriately accredited college/university or licensed foreign university where the language of instruction is English,
- A transcript indicating a grade of “B” or higher in an English composition course from an appropriately
- Accredited college/university or a licensed foreign university,
If the student is not able to provide any of the above language proficiency evidences, he/she may be admitted conditionally and attend an ESL language program as an additional prerequisite.
- However, the student will not be allowed to enroll for more than 30 credits unless they reach and complete the Advanced Level with a “C” average.